Elizabeth A. O'Brien is a corporate attorney with a practice focused on employee benefits, corporate and banking, and health care compliance matters. In her employee benefits practice, Liz assists clients with qualified employee welfare and pension plans, in areas ranging from design and qualification to administration and termination. In addition to advising clients on the ERISA and tax compliance of their employee benefit plans, she is also knowledgeable in non-qualified incentive plans, as well as executive and other deferred compensation matters.
In her health care practice, Liz works with a variety of health care clients, including health insurers, managed care organizations, providers, and third party administrators. She has experience in the area of regulatory compliance at both the federal and state level, as well as in managed care contracting. Liz regularly advises clients with respect to HIPAA-related matters.
In the area of banks and banking regulation, Liz works with banks, thrifts, and their holding companies, as well as with other financial institutions, in matters relating to their structure, powers, and activities, including regulatory interpretation and compliance, agency examinations, corporate governance, and reporting requirements. In her corporate practice, Liz is knowledgeable in general business and transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate formation, and public offering and private placement securities transactions.
- Pension & Employee Benefits
- Health Care
- Advertising, Promotions & Social Media
- Banking & Financial
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013)
- Dean's Scholar
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, Childress Lecture Managing Editor
- Excellence in Journals Award
- Academic Excellence Award for Leadership
- Santa Clara University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Communication (emphasis in print journalism) and Spanish Studies
- University Honors Program
- The Santa Clara, staff reporter
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2011, 2012)
- Judicial extern, Hon. Robert Dowd, Jr., Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District (2012)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Event chair, Nerinx Hall Alumnae Association