David G. Kirby practices in the Firm's Government Solutions and Administrative Law Practice Group. He works on a wide range of matters for clients including commercial litigation, government relations, regulatory and administrative law and appellate matters. David coordinates with national, state, and local decision makers who are frequently involved in major policy issues. He counsels clients through an array of complex policy matters while at the same time advancing their strategic business objectives.
Prior to joining the Firm, David was an Assistant Attorney General and Senior Advisor to Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster. In this position, David frequently appeared before administrative agencies, trial courts at both the federal and state levels, and appellate courts. His trial experience includes representing state officials and agencies in employment disputes and constitutional challenges. In addition, David worked on pricing investigations, corporate governance inquiries, tax appeals, and licensing matters.
Along with his legal experience, David has also held senior positions with U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill and former U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2012)
- Catholic University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2002)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Assistant Attorney General and Senior Advisor, Missouri Attorney General's Office
- Director of Intergovernmental Affairs, U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill
- National Finance Director, McCaskill for Missouri
- Legislative Assistant, U.S. Senator Ken Salazar