The Firm's Commercial Litigation Department is comprised of experienced, dedicated litigators who regularly represent a broad spectrum of clients in all areas of litigation. Drawing on their creativity, extensive courtroom experience, and in-depth knowledge of a wide array of industries and areas of law, our litigators have earned a reputation for consistently delivering favorable, cost-effective results for our clients both in and out of court. In addition to traditional litigation, we routinely counsel our clients in alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration, as we believe these strategies often provide an efficient and economical alternative to full-scale litigation.
Our commercial litigation experience reaches throughout the country. Although based in the Midwest, our litigators regularly appear before state and federal tribunals across the United States.
- Efficient and flexible. The depth of our experience and broad subject-matter knowledge often allows us to staff our cases leaner than our competitors, which results in greater flexibility, better client communication, and results that are more cost-effective. We recognize that each case is unique; rather than provide a one-size-fits-all approach, we tailor our litigation teams and strategies to best suit the needs of our clients.
- Employ the latest technology. In today's world, the applications of technology are ever-expanding, and the world of litigation is no different. In the past decade, electronic discovery has become a staple of complex commercial litigation. We recognize that the preservation, management, collection, and production of large amounts of electronic data can be overwhelming for our clients and disruptive of their businesses. Our litigators and highly trained paralegals have a wealth of experience in e-discovery and regularly counsel our clients on navigating the challenges of e-discovery in a manner that is efficient, is cost-effective, and minimizes the disruption of business.
- State-of-the-art presentation. Technology can be equally important in the courtroom, as both judges and jurors alike have increasingly come to expect electronic presentations of evidence. Our litigators and highly trained paralegals frequently employ the latest technology in the courtroom, ensuring the most suitable platform and presentation of information.
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- ERISA and Employee Benefits Litigation
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Banking/Financial Services Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Products Liability
- Franchise and Distributor Litigation
- Health Care Litigation
- Information Technology and Computer Outsourcing Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Appellate Litigation
- White Collar Crime
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Environmental Litigation
- Pharmaceutical Litigation