Billee Elliott McAuliffe practices in the Firm's Corporate Department, specializing in information technology (IT).
As IT is now the conduit upon which all businesses operate, this area of law touches on nearly all aspects of a client's business. Along with expertise in information technology law, Billee has extensive experience throughout corporate law, including technology licensing, cybersecurity and data privacy, mergers and acquisitions, and general business and corporate law. As such, regardless of what type of business utilizes a particular technology, Billee has the background and perspective to understand the needs of that business or business unit and has the expertise to interpret the various areas of law implicated by such needs. Utilizing such understanding and expertise, Billee addresses the needs of each client and each engagement with a well-rounded, practical, client-centered approach.
In today's world, data and the equipment and/or software in which that data are held or used are often a business's largest assets. Frequently, that data and software is held in third-party servers at a location hundreds of miles from a client's headquarters. Ensuring that such data is adequately protected is a priority for Billee in each transaction. Additionally, the purchase and sale of such data, software, and equipment is a major component of most mergers and acquisitions. For example, transitioning a company's enterprise resource system and the data contained therein is often the most crucial aspect of any acquisition, for without that system and data, the plant or business cannot operate. Billee is often called upon to consult with both purchasing entities and selling entities about the purchase/sale and transition of data, software, and IT equipment in a variety of merger and acquisition transactions. Having adequate IT representation early in the purchase/sale process is crucial to the success of any such transition. Billee has assisted numerous clients with these transactions and stands ready and willing to assist you with yours.
In addition to her busy law practice, Billee is a mother of triplets and therefore dedicates much of her free time volunteering for organizations primarily related to children and education.
- Information Technology
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
- Technology Licensing
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business & Corporate Finance
- Southern Illinois University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2001)
- Journal of Legal Medicine, commentary editor-in-chief
- Legal Perspectives, editor of student case summaries
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois Foundation Scholarship Recipient
- Purdue University (M.A., 1994)
- Political Science
- University of Minnesota (B.A., 1992)
- Political Science
- Adjunct faculty member, Maryville University (January-May 2004)
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2000)
- Legal research assistant for Dean Thomas Britton, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (1999-2001)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Board Member, COPE24 - Changing Our Parenting Experience